When you own a small business, you are responsible for every aspect of the operations. From paying the bills and keeping the lights on to hiring the right people and fielding complaints from unhappy customers, you need to take care of it all.
Small business owners must also take responsibility for marketing their products and driving customers through their doors. As marketing mavens, small business owners are continually learning and evolving, doubling down on what works and abandoning efforts that go nowhere. If you want to build your brand and expand your business, these 10 growth marketing tips can help you get started.
1. Be mobile-friendly. The mobile-friendly design is the name of the game, and you cannot afford to ignore it any longer. If your website is not mobile-friendly, you could be losing out on vast swaths of potential customers.
2. Use email marketing to your advantage. Even in the age of instant messaging and social media, there is still a place for email marketing. Use email marketing to your advantage by employing best practices, utilizing double opt-in procedures and creating powerful headlines that increase open rates and get results.
3. Expand your video content. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth even more. Expanding your video content is one of the best ways to improve your marketing efforts across all your online platforms.
4. Showcase your expertise with webinars. You are an expert in your field, so show off what you know with automated, live and prerecorded webinars. Webinars can build interest, improve your brand image and give customers vast amounts of information in an accessible and entertaining format.
5. Take advantage of data analytics. Thanks to data analytics, you can learn a lot about your customers, from where they live to which pages they view. Take advantage of those data analytics to build customer profiles and drive more sales.
6. Be a better blogger. Blogging is an integral part of doing business these days, so be consistent with your blogging. Post interesting content, encourage comments and interact with visitors on a regular basis. Being a better blogger can make you a better small business owner.
7. Reach out via social media channels. Social media is a dominant force in the 21st-century marketplace, so make the most of it. Expand your reach on proven sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and be on the lookout for new social media channels that could help you build your business even more.
8. Experiment and grow. Standing still is a good way to get run over, so look for new and creative ways to build your business and improve your marketing efforts. Do not be afraid to take a chance now and then; you never know when a new approach will pay off.
9. Use word-of-mouth to your advantage. You cannot buy word-of-mouth advertising, but this form of marketing is priceless. Your satisfied customers are your best brand ambassadors, so find ways to get them involved in your marketing efforts.
10. Evaluate your results. It is not enough to assume your marketing efforts are working; you need to know they are working. Evaluate your practices on a regular basis, make testing an integral part of your operations, and watch your business grow.
Growth marketing is a vital part of running your small business. If you are not growing, you are not doing everything you can, but you do not have to settle for tepid growth any longer. The 10 strategies listed above can help you jump start your growth, build your brand and expand profitability for your small business.