One of the most overlooked components of increasing the effectiveness of your search engine optimization efforts is to increase your brand’s usage of infographics. Sure they’re enticing and make for lovely eye candy, but infographics can be a powerful tool for business owners looking for improved SEO. If this is the year you double-down on infographic marketing, following are five phenomenal reasons infographics are fantastic for SEO.
1) Infographics offer multiple opportunities for search engine optimization. You can add relevant keywords to your infographics caption as well as its title. The more effort you put into adding appropriate keywords to your infographic, the likelier it is you will achieve significant return-on-investment for your efforts.
2) Infographics can be used in multiple ways online. You can embed an infographic in a blog post, share it on a curated infographics site like Visual.ly, or post your infographic on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Each time you share your infographic online, you are increasing the chances for your informative graphic to be discovered by search engines.
3) Brands who use infographics as part of their social networking strategy tend to have higher engagement rates for the content they share. Not only can sharing infographics increase your share rate, but they can also increase your follower count too. Search engines like Google are increasingly placing importance on social signals as a measure of quality. Focus on creating engaging infographics on a consistent basis, and you might see an increase in your brand’s search engine ranking placement.
4) Infographics are an excellent way to attract attention to blog posts that might not otherwise achieve high engagement rates. Even a simple infographic can increase click-through rates to your business’ blog. Make infographics a regular part of your blogging strategy, and chances are good your time-on-site ratio will increase. Time-on-site is a sign of quality to search engines like Google, thus improving the effectiveness of your SERP score.
5) Infographics are a fabulous tool to use on LinkedIn’s SlideShare. When you incorporate an infographic into a SlideShare presentation and then embed your SlideShare presentation on LinkedIn Pulse, you significantly increase the chances of LinkedIn users discovering your business. The more users share your infographic on LinkedIn, the likelier it is you will attract new customers while improving your SEO at the same time. Customer acquisition + improved SEO = #Winning!
These are just a few of many reasons infographics should be an integral part of your SEO strategy. Once you start incorporating infographics into your search engine optimization strategy, there is a good chance you will wish you had started sooner.