How can you get the most out of your Google Shopping Product Listing Ads (PLAs) without spending too much?
The short answer is: By using search intelligence. But what is search intelligence? How does it work and why will it increase your sales?
PLAs are dominating the digital market, and they have taken over the mantle from AdWords as the primary advertising method for many businesses. in fact, estimates state that early 2018 saw over 75% of ad retail spending being driven by Google Shopping PLAs.
Competition in the search market is fierce. Using search intelligence can analyze across devices. Categories and ad types can reveal a search marketers place in the click-through rate (CTR) compared to competitors.
Information is key:
• Knowing where to spend your budget for the highest yield
• Recognizing strengths and weaknesses in both your and the competitors strategies
• Finding cost effective strategies and reducing waste
These are 3 areas where search intelligence can assist.
With information one can streamline spending into the right areas while also being able to compare how the competition is doing.
Digital marketers can boost returns on their PLAs by following six simple tips.
1. Use the search intelligence options that are available – Manual search campaigns are beyond impossible to carry out. Artificial intelligence (AI) categorizes and identifies keywords and search terms in record time. This helps to spot emerging trends in real time.
2. Know the competition – By monitoring trends across devices competition can be spotted, sized up and challenged.
3. Seasonal Trends – Seasonal markets are ever changing With AI comparing previous trends in previous seasons, it is possible to forecast and fill niche gaps for the coming season.
4. Product Comparison – Search marketers can see how the competition is performing, based on ad copy, images and prices, and compete accordingly.
5. Streamline to optimize – Keywords and search terms must stay relevant and specific. Keep it tight to avoid feeding the dominant seller. Intelligent search analysis will reduce waste and curb competition.
6. Ranking – Focus where the impact will be made. Select categories, steer away from areas dominated by other sectors and find niche gaps to raise position and capture new markets.
Use search intelligence to increase shopping. Combine Google Shopping PLAs with AdWords. Carry out market analyses to find new opportunities and recognize competition. Use AI to understand consumers and optimize search term groupings.