Expos and trade shows are excellent venuesto network, see new products, and take advantage of special prices offered by vendors. If you arrive at an expo without a plan, however, you may miss out on exciting new technology and opportunities to save money. Here are five steps designed to help you get the most out of your next trade show visit.
1) Print a copy of the expo floor plan and map out a plan for vendor visits in advance.Some expos have hundreds of vendors and thousands of attendees. Failure to map out a plan or path in advance can result in a disorganized visit or missed opportunities to meet key vendors. Vendor booths are typically numbered and organized by row, so one common strategy is to start with the lowest-numbered booth and visit booths in ascending order.
2) Take advantage of trade show giveaways, complimentary demos, and free products.Many vendors host drawings and giveaways for free product demos and service packages. Make sure to take advantage of these opportunities, as they could yield valuable savings for your organization.
3) Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.Depending upon the size of the expo, you could be on your feet continuously all day long. Some expos are so large that exhibitors occupy multiple halls, and you may need more than one day to see everyone on your list. To ensure that you have the energy to visit all the vendors you wish to see, you should wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
4) Bring your credit card to take advantage of expo discounts and special offers.First time expo attendees do not realize that expos provide an excellent opportunity to purchase products or services at a greatly discounted rate. Many vendors will offer a major discount if you place an order or deposit during the expo, so you should remember to bring your credit card.
5) If you are considering a purchase, make sure you are present at the end of the expo.During the last hour of the expo, vendors are preparing to pack up any floor model products that they displayed in their booths. These demo products represent valuable opportunities for customers to purchase high quality products at a greatly reduced rate.
With minimal but smart planning, you can make sure you cover as much ground as possible at an upcoming expo. Remember to map out your plan, dress comfortably, and take advantage of cost-savings opportunities. These steps will help ensure that you make the most of your next expo experience.