If you are a brand manager hoping to use social media marketing for brand growth, it is imperative you offer high-quality posts for maximum engagement. Social media marketers who don’t focus on top-quality social media posts will often find their outreach efforts offer little ROI (return on investment). To ensure your social media marketing posts offer maximum engagement, bear the following tips in mind.
1) Images are no longer optional for social media marketing. If your social media feeds aren’t filled with photos, videos, GIFs, memes, and animated graphics, viewers will pass by your content in an instant. The more diverse your visual marketing strategy on social media, the better your odds are of increased brand engagement.
2) Curated content is an excellent option for social media marketing growth, but it is not enough to simply offer the content of others within your social media feeds. Add commentary to each post your share on social media and @ mention the original source in your posts. Not only will you increase the effectiveness of the curated content you are sharing, you will grow your network at the same time.
3) It should go without saying, but the spelling and grammar used in your social media posts directly relate to the spread of your content. If your social media missives contain glaring spelling mistakes or poor grammar, others won’t share your content and will question your brand’s reputation.
4) To ensure your social media posts are high quality and are likely to increase your brand engagement rates, focus on the needs of your target customers when creating and sharing content. Ask yourself whether a potential customer will think, “so what?” when you share a post or whether they are more likely to think, “wow, cool!” When you build a social media marketing strategy based on customer needs, you automatically increase your brand’s chances of social networking ROI.
5) Offering diverse content is critical for maximum social media marketing engagement. If your brand continually offers the same type of content, your social media connections will soon become bored with your posts. Focus on creating a social media marketing calendar (yes, you should have a social media calendar) that is filled with a wide range of post types to ensure your followers remain engaged with your content.
If you bear the above-listed tips in mind, not only will the quality of your social media marketing posts be top notch, your engagement rates will increase too. Social media outreach isn’t about adopting a “spray-and-pray” attitude; you must focus on offering high-quality posts if you want social networking to work for your business.