Is this the year you double-down on blogging for your business? Do you want to improve your SEO and brand reputation, but question your skills as a writer? There are numerous hacks you can use to improve the quality of your business’ writing. Review the following roundup of writing hacks to see which ones can help you become a more proficient writer and a better business blogger.
1) Use Ctrl + F to find all instances of the word “that” in your blog posts. Read each sentence without the word “that” to see whether it is truly necessary. This neat trick will help you improve your writing.
2) Use Google Translate to read your blog post aloud. An audio proofreader will catch mistakes you might have missed.
3) Hack your content-creation process by starting in the middle of a post you want to create for your company’s blog. Jot down sentences for each thought you want to elaborate on and then fill in a paragraph for each thought. Once you have the “meat” of your blog post, you can then add a conclusion and introduction. When you get in the habit of creating content in this manner, you will be surprised at how quickly you can create content for your company.
4) Use GradeProof.com to improve the quality of your blog posts before publishing them live on your website. GradeProof will review your spelling, grammar, and word choice for free. Their professional version will also check your content for plagiarism and word flow. Receive data on everything from your word and sentence counts to reading time and grade level reading scores.
5) Add variety to your blogging by changing the types of posts you create. Research a recent statistic relevant to your industry and then create a blog post based on the statistic you find. Create how-to articles to share with your audience. List posts are always popular, as are motivational posts. If you’re bored writing the same type of post all the time, chances are, your readers are getting bored too.
Becoming a better business blogger is easy if you are willing to commit to improving your skills. Bear the above-listed tips in mind each time you sit down in front of your keyboard, and focus on creating helpful and enlightening content. With patience and ongoing effort, your business blogging skills will gradually improve.