We live in an internet age and our shift from print to digital has changed how we conduct business. Companies have found new mediums to build their brand and grow their audience. They can now reach customers across the world with nothing more than a click of a button. Any marketer must know how to properly use the internet to promote their brand. Here are a few strategies:
1. Know what people are saying. The internet is the best friend of brand managers because of the ability to monitor online conversations on Yelp and social media websites. Find out what people like and dislike about your company. Promote the good and fix the bad.
2. Use the five-second rule. Customers should be able to identify what the brand is about within five seconds of visiting your page. Internet users have a short attention span and will quickly move somewhere else if their needs are not being met.
3. Use social media. Social media websites give business owners a new method of marketing and interacting with customers. For example, Allrecipes posts pictures of delicious-looking food on Pinterest to promote their brand. Who can resist the allure of tasty-looking food?
4. Target your audience. The internet can reach users who might not view traditional forms of media. Know which social media sites your target audience members use and post content that they will find relevant. Study the demographics of each popular social media site and see which one most closely aligns with your target audience.
5. Develop a brand personality. Social media provides the opportunity for you to shape the way consumers see your brand. One company that has mastered social media is Denny’s. The company’s Twitter and Tumblr pages are full of hilarious posts, giving Denny’s the image of a fun and friendly brand.
6. Beware of mistakes. What happens on the internet stays forever. One messy Tweet can go viral and give your company a terrible reputation. Closely monitor what goes up on social media to avoid damaging your brand image.
The internet is a vast place that allows you to reach almost anyone in the world. With a few clicks, you can get thousands, if not millions, of eyes on your website, content, and product. Your reach is virtually unlimited, but you’ll need to be memorable thanks to the internet’s short attention span. Use these techniques to stand out from the crowd.